Thursday, March 14, 2013

Weekly Challenge #109 is ready!

Ready.... but with a big sigh, pffffft! Weekly Challenge (the Diva's #109) really was a tough one. To be honest, this time there was not much "ZENsation" for me....
Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely find this "drawing around" technique magnificent! Normally this technique - which is still unnamed - wouldn't have cost me so much effort, if I could have applied it in a mandala. That is: with color pencils! Perhaps I'll try that sometime.
The only thing I knew for sure, was I wanted to use the Drupe "frame" as a base. Altough there are so many, many tangle patterns to choose from, I found difficulties by picking the proper ones for the borders, avoiding copying others.... So I decided to throw in some evergreens that never let you down, just to play safe.  After many attempts (which should not, I know....) this was on the tile:

Tangles: Drupe "frame", Knase, Eke and some hatching

It doesn't look so bad after all, but I have mixed feelings about it.

Never say never! Thought I didn't want to do this again, but now I feel these certain jitters....

Thanks to:
Rick and Maria from Zentangle® for introducing this new technique, Drupe, Knase and Eek (and many more!);
CZT® Laura Harms aka the Diva for another challenging Challenge;
You!!.... for reading this "crooked English"!!!

Happy Tangling everyone!

16 comments:

  1. great combination a drupe 3d illusion. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ! hij is mooi!
    leuk zo in de rondte gewerkt.
    moet ik toch ook eens proberen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they intersect! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea, very neat how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely interpretation indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How kool! Your Drupe is perfect for this technique. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IK vind je tile heel mooi geworden, Anneke. Om te voorkomen dat ik anderen kopieer, kijk ik pas naar andere inzendingen als de mijne online staat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Drupe is draped. How lovely. It reminds me of a beach umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to you all, I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very nice interpretation of the poles pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea, beautifully executed!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea, you did really well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Drupe with this technique!

    ReplyDelete