Monday, April 11, 2016

Merry Mandala Monday #11

Hi there, most welcome to the 11th edition of the Merry Mandala Monday!

One day my son, who was then 6 years old, talked about "a sea of wonders". I thought that was such a poetic expression, that I promised him to draw a mandala about that. A few shells from our collection were my 'models', because I sure can't do that by heart, now way! The seahorses are somewhat based on a black and white photograph from the animal encyclopedia... Nevertheless, they have really become 'my' horses! The starfish even arose without an example, I've caught a lot of them in my childhood ;-) I think, the rim with the chasing little fishes is funny. The extra rim with the wavy water frames it all beautifully. What do you think?

Have a creative week!

A Sea of Wonders
(2003/02/25)

Hallo daar, van harte welkom bij de 11e editie van de Merry Mandala Maandag!

Op een dag had mijn zoon, die toen 6 jaar oud was, het over een "een zee van wonder". Ik vond dat zo'n poëtische uitdrukking, dat ik hem beloofde er een mandala van te maken. Een paar schelpen uit onze verzameling stonden 'model', want uit mijn hoofd lukt me dat niet, hoor! De zeepaardjes zijn enigszins gebaseerd op een zwart-wit foto uit de dierenencyclopedie... Eigenlijk zijn ze toch wel helemaal 'mijn' paardjes geworden! De zeester ontstond zelfs zonder voorbeeld, want daar heb ik er vroeger heel wat van gevangen ;-) De rand met de elkaar achtervolgende visjes is grappig geworden. De extra rand met het golvende water maakt het geheel helemaal af. Wat vind je ervan?

Ik wens je weer een creatieve week!

No comments:

Post a Comment